Summer internship opportunities 2021
You can apply to more than one position, application linked here
- 516ARTS – Video/graphic design/web The intern will work with Viola Arduini, Education Coordinator, and the other 516 ARTS staff member, to develop the overall museum digital presence. Main tasks for the internship will be: managing the organization’s social media, developing content for online Education – as short videos and printed materials, add to digital platform for the Fall exhibition, Counter Mapping. It would beneficial if the intern can come to the gallery once or twice per month to help shoot video for education and social media.
- Los Luceros Historic Site- 2 interns Video & graphic design 1) One of the most common questions Los Luceros staff have received now that we are reopen to the public is, “what makes this place special.” The student will use existing footage, collect new footage, and produce a video which provides a context to visitors at Los Luceros. 2) A 15 panel poster display (18×24) highlighting the stories of young farmers that have returned to their family’s farms in northern New Mexico. The photographs and text content have already been developed for this display, so this project will focus on graphic design of the posters for the exhibit.
- Bradbury Science Museum Association -2/3-D animation See the Science is an online exhibit teaching 5th graders to appreciate science in everyday activities. The Bradbury Science Museum Association would like an animator to help create three short animations for this web-based project.
- New Mexico History Museum – Data entry form building Build out a proof-of-concept website with the content available. The intern will build out the back-end admin/login form for staff and build out the data entry form staff can use to input the information fields. This internship is 150 hours instead of 300 hours.
- NMHU/Geospatial Applications in Natural Sciences Lab – Web Design
The project is to design a user-friendly interface for the High Plains Grasslands Alliance data portal. The portal uses online web mapping tools and dashboards. The task is to help design the interface so that it provides an attractive and user-friendly experience for Alliance members to interact with maps and data about the landscape of their ranches.
- Currents New Media Intern will interview and document artists participating in the Currents New Media Festival. Documentation will include install, deinstall, and artist interviews. COVID safe practices will be in place. Install dates/times are staggered, limited number of people allowed in one room together, no touch, separate entrance and exit. The intern must be able to commute to Santa Fe during the month of June. This internship is 150 hours and runs from June 1- July 3.